'We overcame together': NCT127 returns on more solid ground
简介NCT127 seems to have safely survived K-pop's notorious "seven-year curse," although not things ...
NCT127 seems to have safely survived K-pop's notorious "seven-year curse," although not things didn't go as smoothly as expected.
"Reaching our seventh anniversary, it's been a tough year for all of us. Different thoughts and concerns have crossed our minds and we faced many temptations. We even felt lost at times," Taeyong, the group's leader, said during the band's press conference in Seoul on Friday.
"It hit me then that NCT127 exists because the members can come together like this. The seventh year is significant to every group, but it feels more special for us. Our fellowship is stronger than ever. We exist because of our trust and respect for each other," Taeyong continued, not going further into the concerns and temptations that may have affected them.
The seventh year is a turning point for all K-pop idols as it is when their exclusive contracts with their agency come to an end. Most groups face a risk when they hit the milestone, with many either losing a member or two, or even breaking up completely.
But for a lucky few, it becomes an opportunity to rediscover themselves, with the members discussing their future together more deeply and fervently than ever. They become closer and get to know one another better and band together to decide that it's not time to say goodbye yet.
NCT127, which debuted under SM Entertainment in July 2016, overcame this critical period recently and returned Friday to declare its existence which remains on solid ground.
As a token of their new start, the nine-member group released its fifth full-length album, "Fact Check," on Friday.
According to Doyoung, "Fact Check" is an album that defines NCT127.
"I think our strength lies in the fervor we show in the music of 'Fact Check' and the powerful group dances. 'Fact Check' highlights those sides of us," he said adding, "Hopefully, we could prove again that NCT127 is a master of stage performance this time."
The boys seemed more solemn than ever on Friday as they introduced their new album, a release put out in over a year since the group's previous piece, fourth LP "2 Baddies," dropped in September 2022. In January, they released a repackage of the previous album under the title "A-Yo."
An album celebrating the band's renewed start, "Fact Check" embodies the group's passion and heart they had when they first began their journey, Johnny described.
Navigating back to the group's core identity, "Seoul" is the key theme of the album's namesake main track, "Fact Check." NCT127 is the Seoul-based subunit of SM Entertainment's global idol group project Neo Culture Technology, which aims to launch boy bands in major cities around the world. "127" refers to the longitude coordinates of the South Korean capital.
"As a team representing the city, we tried to show various beautiful sceneries of Seoul," Jungwoo said, adding the scenes were mainly shot in Gyeongbokgung Palace and Cheong-Gye Arcade in central Seoul and the IFC Mall in Yeouido, as well as Han River.
Doyoung hoped the group’s international fans could become more familiar with Seoul through their music video.
The ruling People Power Party, confronted with a deepening crisis following a landslide defeat in a ...
김정은 북한 국무위원장이 13일 러시아 보스토치니 우주기지에서 블라디미르 푸틴 대통령과 정상회담, 연회 등 일정을 진행한 뒤 다음 방문지를 향해 떠났다고 노동당 기관지 노동신문이 ...
제1 야당 대표 체포동의안 표결은 팽팽한 긴장감 속에서 진행됐다. 21일 오후 국회 본회의장에 들어선 더불어민주당 의원들은 서로의 마음을 확인하려는 듯 삼삼오오 모여 이야기를 나눴 ...
- Seoul defense exhibition aims to boost arms exports
- BTS' V joined by Jimin in solo fan meeting 'Vicnic'
- Andong, serene destination for immersing in traditions
- [New in Korean] Witches, ecofeminism, climate crisis: Tale of resilience and nature’s power
- TXT shatters records, tops charts with 3rd LP
- Enhypen announces Nov. 17 comeback with 'Orange Blood'
- 공군 수송기 급파, 한·일 220명 텔아비브 탈출
- Jeonse scams cause W510b in losses, with less than 25% recovered: lawmaker
- [New on scene] Hong Xa
- FSC lays out plan to boost pet insurance enrollment
- Another suspect of Tajik duo behind S. Korean money exchange robbery nabbed
- 北, 러시아 외무장관 방북 발표…내달 18~19일 방문
- Over 1,300 rescue workers still traumatized by Itaewon Halloween tragedy
- Import prices up for 3rd month in September on higher oil prices
- Supporters of Israel hold rally in Seoul, urge Hamas to stop atrocities
- S. Korean diplomat discusses NK human rights with US envoy
- [Today’s K
- 오세훈, ‘TBS 폐지’ 묻자 “그런 일 생겨서는 안 돼”
- Welcome Daehakro Festival lights up Seoul's stage hub
- Enjoying Halloween in Itaewon sparks debate online
- [Our Museums] Discover wisdom of hanok at Eunpyeong History Hanok Museum